How to Provide Alzheimer’s Care Without the Stress
We might not admit it but taking care of an Alzheimer’s patient can be challenging and stressful. It could be all the more heart breaking and stressful if the Alzheimer’s patient we are taking care of is a family member. And we all know what too much stress does to people.
Stress causes the downfall and breakdowns of so many people. As a caregiver to our diseased family member we should never let the stress break us. Also, if we do feel the stress and find that the situation can’t be managed, remember that Precious Touch Home Healthcare has caregivers you can hire. It doesn’t matter if it’s respite care, long term care and even live-in care because Precious Touch Home Healthcare is ready to provide you with all of these services and more.
As a provider of home care service in Waterbury, CT, Precious Touch Home Healthcare proudly addresses to your stresses in Alzheimer’s care. Some challenges that causes you stress in caregiving for your loved one diagnosed with Alzheimer’s might be mentioned in the following.
- Withdrawal from society –The responsibilities of taking care of your loved one with Alzheimer’s will always come first. But of course, this shouldn’t be. Everybody needs a break and a social life.
- Anxiety – Knowing that Alzheimer’s disease will only progress as time passes, a lot of questions about the future rise in your mind. This makes you feel anxious about what the future might hold. It’s not only our bodies that need rest but also our mind.
- Exhaustion – Every day the disease will progress and every day you might face a new challenge that only gets more difficult over time. Added with your limited experience to caregiving for an Alzheimer’s patient, nothing will ever come easy.
- Irritability – Addressing to an Alzheimer’s patients’ needs day in and day out will drain your patience. With the stress that finds you you’ll suddenly find yourself irritated with the behaviors exhibited by an Alzheimer’s patient.
- Lack of sleep – Stress leads to lack of sleep and lack of sleep leads to mediocrity. This lack of sleep may be a result of overnight monitoring or care and it will affect your performance as a caregiver.
As people who care we don’t ever want to entrust our loved ones diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease to untrained and unskilled people. But if you keep taking care of the patient even when you’re stressed, you’re putting both of your lives at risk. To deal with your stress, Precious Touch Home Healthcare gives you the assurance of quality Alzheimer’s care service. To avail this service, please call 800-723-1794.